Thursday, January 3, 2013

Books

Ever had the kind of sick where you can barely focus on anything?  I'm not battling the stomach stuff anymore, but still fighting headaches and body aches...  and soooo tired!

I've watched many episodes of "LOST" over the last few days, and the hubby and I have been catching up on "Downton Abby" in the evenings (we watched FOUR episodes tonight!)...  It's all I can concentrate on! 

Books haven't worked for me lately...  I doze off!

I do have a stack I'd like to be reading, though...  All kinds of stuff - mystery, historical fiction, spiritual, humorous, thriller...  My bedside table is stacked high!

Maybe that should be my New Year's resolution?  Or one of them, anyway.  Give myself half and hour every night before bed to read.  Imagine that!  So many books I could get through if I actually did it!

Worth a try!  (But I better wait til I'm feeling better...  Tonight, I'd disappoint myself already by falling asleep - this blog post is hard enough to focus on!)

What are you reading right now?  Any suggestions?


Things I am thankful for today:

1.  Hot tea.
2.  A stop at the office - nice to feel normal for a few minutes, anyway!
3.  Receiving a couple more fun Christmas presents!
4.  Amaryllis plants - so fun!
5.  Fever broke!
6.  Eating something other than toast and saltines.
7.  Time cuddled up to the hubby and watching "Downton."
8.  Friends who gave us the gift of seasons 1 and 2 of "Downton!"  (I thought I'd be watching it by myself, but it turns out - Mike loves it, too!)
9.  Candles. 
10.  Fantasy - whether in books or TV or movies.  The escape from real life is a wonderful gift sometimes!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin