Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year... New Post

Happy New Year!  (Or not...)

Hubby and I attended the funeral of his uncle yesterday (New Year's Eve) and drove back to the Twin Cities in the evening.  Our New Year's Eve consisted of a frozen pizza at 8pm, and episode of "Downton Abby,"  and being in bed by 10:30pm...  Exciting stuff, I know.

Our tradition is to then get up on New Year's Day and go out to breakfast at Hell's Kitchen.  It's kind of fun - there's great live music, yummy food, and the waitstaff are in their PJs.  My kind of place!

Well, this morning we slept past the alarm (never even heard it).  Eventually woke up, realized our mistake, and rushed to get ready and make our reservation!  We brought along our little notes that we wrote throughout the year (things that would be fun to remember), so we could read them in the car on the way there and back.  We were ready to celebrate!

So we get there, get a table, are enjoying the music, drinking coffee, and our food comes...  I was so excited for my lemon-ricotta pancakes!  I took a couple of bites and realized we were headed for trouble.  I managed to finish 1/3 of my breakfast before I told the hubby I needed a doggy bag and it was time to go...

We made it home in time for me to come down with the stomach flu.  Gross.  I've been sick and miserable all day...  Hoping this isn't an omen for the New Year!

Anyway...  I thought I'd write a post - trying to get back in the swing of blogging.

Someone gave me a funny little book for Christmas - "Q&A a Day" - there is a question for everyday of the year, and you fill it out for five years in a row.  Kind of a fun idea!)  I thought maybe when I have writer's block, I could pull it out and answer the question of the day here!  We'll see...!

Here's today's question:  What is your mission?
Way to start with something easy, huh?  This is going to sound cheesy - and I fully accept that - but... I think my mission is to live fully in God's light and love...  And to make a difference in the world through small kindnesses done in love. 

What is your mission?  I'd love to hear it!


Things I am thankful for today:

1.  Warm, cozy beds.
2.  Traditions.
3.  Not getting sick in the car!
4.  Our little notes throughout the year - so fun to look back on!
5.  A hubby who is a good caretaker.
6.  Sprite.
7.  Hot showers.
8.  Tylenol.
9.  DVDs.
10.  Not needing to be anywhere today!

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

That IS a tough question! I think my mission is small acts of kindness and sharing creativity. I guess that wasn't so hard after all.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin