Sunday, January 31, 2010

Order

"Order is a lovely thing; on disarray it lays its wing, teaching simplicity to sing."
--Anne Branch

"Encourage yourself to simplify, simplify, simplify and strip away what's unnecessary."
--Mina Parker, from "Less is More"

Ironic that my reading today had to do with order and organization.  Yesterday, the hubby and I went to buy some bigger bookshelves for my office at work.  Today, he graciously volunteered to stay after church and get them put together for me.  What a guy!

I've been feeling like I was drowning in mounds of paper and books for a few weeks now.  Since my job description was expanded, I've been purchasing and borrowing lots of new resources; leading new study groups - requiring more resources; studying all kinds of new philosophies and strategies...  All leading to more and more STUFF.

I was getting buried under it all - and had no where to put it.

But my husband.  What a guy.  He put the shelves together after everyone went home this morning.  As he was assembling, I got to clear out some things and organize other things.  Awesome.  We were there for three hours - but it was so worth it!  I still have more to do when I get there on Tuesday - but it will feel wonderful to have it done!

I know people make fun of me for my bit of hyper-organization and neatness...  But, man.  I can't describe how good it feels when it is done!  I have a renewed energy and enthusiasm...

I wonder what I could organize next?....

Things I am thankful for today:

1.  The hubby making a new friend.
2.  My confirmation boys - great discussion!
3.  Getting to pray with someone after church - for good results on her surgery tomorrow.
4.  My new shelves - so nice!
5.  My hubby - so great!
6.  A quick nap and dinner in the brief time I was home.
7.  A good Annual Charge Conference at church - all good reports!
8.  Looking back at our past year of ministry - wow.  It's amazing how many things have changed for the better!
9.  Being told by a friend that I've been doing good work. It means a lot.
10.  Getting home for some of the Grammys.  The wonderful, the ugly, and the questionable....  It's always interesting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I had a fraction of your hyper organization,, I know I would love it! Someday... I did clean off my desk before leaving yesterday...but all I did was thru it in a draw! ACK!

Mom said...

Hmmmmmm----taking on the qualities of your Dad's side of the family???? I'm sure if any relatives are reading this--they would delight in your thoughts on order and organization!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin