Friday!!! Woo-hoo! If you're as happy as I am that it's Friday, feel free to link up to Susanne's blog and share five of your favorite things about the past week!
1. Seeing "Avatar." I was VERY skeptical... but I loved it! We saw it in 3D - and I highly recommend it! It's beautifully done in so many ways, with so many neat messages... I even cried - at a sci-fi, computer-animated movie. What is this world coming to?
2. Cooking lots of new recipes! Black bean soup, spinach and cheese strata, lasagna, a new pasta sauce... Yum. Only one flop recipe last weekend. A gross sweet potato buttermilk pie. Not recommended!
3. Church on Sunday was a beautiful, moving service about the devastation in Haiti. We even found out, during the service, that 2 United Methodist pastors doing mission work, died due to the earthquake... After that was announced, we sang "Amazing Grace." Tears were shed.
4. Coming home early on Wednesday to spend time with the hubby in the evening. A nice dinner, a glass of wine, and a movie. Lovely.
5. Some really meaningful, good conversation at work this week. Sometimes when I wonder if I'm doing anything that makes a difference, just the right person comes along to show me I'm wanted and needed. It happened at a perfect time this week, from an unexpected person!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. A day off.
2. Staying in my pjs til noon!
3. The hubby coming home early!
4. Godiva hot cocoa. Mmmm...
5. A new book - "The Happiness Project." Sounds right up my alley!
6. Mom's doctor appointment went well!
7. Plans with Em tonight!
8. A playful dog.
10. Watching my soap opera today... Ha ha ha.
Book Review: Columbine
1 hour ago