Sunday, January 3, 2010

Less and More

"Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours."
--Swedish Proverb

What is one thing I will do less of this year - so that I can enjoy more?

I've found lately, that I often feel like I should be fully involved in everything that goes on around me - at work, at home, with friends, with family... I want to be there, help where I can, share ideas, and make things happen...

But one thing I'm learning? It's not all my responsibility! In the last few weeks, I've started making an effort to let some things go... To not give my input or make it happen... To let others take some ownership.

It's really hard for me to do - but I do enjoy the time it frees up for me!

So... Control less, enjoy more. I'm learning!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. The blessing service at church - beautiful.
2. The opportunities I'm given in my job.
3. Seeing an eagle on my way home from church.
4. A two and a half hour nap.
5. Trader Joe's Beer Cheese Fondue - a fun, easy dinner tonight.
6. A trip to Trader Joe's a fun tips from the cashier!
7. "Brothers and Sisters" is back! (And I cried...)
8. Heating pads.
9. 5 people signing up for my new Bible Study! Woo-hoo!
10. A nice email from someone at church, telling the Pastor and I how much today's service meant to her. So uplifting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Megan,
I use to be so like this... One day I just said enough...it felt so good. At work I often turn off my lights and sit near the window with the sun beating in...so peaceful and so helpful in remembering to take care of myself!

You are amazing person...but you are also you...celebrate and embrace that!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin