Monday, January 25, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook - January 25th Edition

For Today...

Outside my window... fresh snow is falling!  Woo-hoo!
I am thankful... that football season is, essentially, over in Minnesota.  (Yikes - I'm gonna get hurt!)
From the kitchen... more leftovers this week - lasagna, soups, pork tenderloin, pesto bread.  All yummy!
I am wearing... dark grey sweats, a blue t-shirt, and a grey hoodie zip up sweatshirt.  Comfy is the name of the game!
I am going... to stay home today.  Warm and cozy.
I am reading... "An Echo in the Bone" by Diana Gabaldon, and "Fearless" by Max Lucado.
I am hoping... I can get my act together and start working out again!
I am hearing... the morning show, the garbage trucks, and the dog's snores.  Welcome to Monday morning!
Some plans for the week... meetings, Book Group, Open Sanctuary, Bible Study, some coffee dates with friends, Feed My Starving Children...  another busy week!
One of my favorite things... Smartwool socks. I love them.  They're thin and warm, and not itchy at all.  And the stripes make me happy.  Happy feet!
A picture thought I am sharing: One, little, lonely brownie left...  I guess I might have to give this little guy's life meaning...  I will allow him to bring me joy.  I will eat him!  Ha ha ha.

Things I am thankful for today:

1.  Multi-vitamins.
2.  A good workout.
3.  Doing my annual report - it's always fun to look over the past year at ALL the things we've accomplished!
4.  A pretty snowy day - to look at from indoors!
5.  I started reading "The Happiness Project."  It seems good so far!
6.  More pork tenderloin for dinner.  Yum.
7.  The hubby leaving me the last little brownie.
8.  Hot cocoa.
9.  Soft jammies.
10.  Pretty tulips at Trader Joe's.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Megan,

I am so glad to be able to add Tn. to your list of visited people to your list. Now you can mark it off. Your blog is wonderful and it is the first time I have visited a blog. Did really love Julia and Julie the movie and see Julie's blog. We are great in Knoxville, love being with our grandkids and will spend Sky's bday this weekend in a gorgeous cabin in the Smokies with both children and their families. Our best to you and hope to see you in Co. at Huck reunion in 2011.

Kathy Huck

Cheryl said...

Watched the Minnesota game yesterday and it was heartbreaking to see what happened to Brett. He sure took a beating and then to throw the interception. I thought I was watching the 2007 Packer playoff game. Welcome to our world, Minnesota! We feel your pain!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin