Monday, January 18, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook - January 18th Edition

For Today...

Outside my window... a snowy beautiful day!
I am thankful... that I was invited to the MLK, Jr Breakfast this morning to see my former youth group kid, Clayton, get an Emerging Leader award! So cool.
From the kitchen... lots of yummy leftovers from this weekend - spinach and cheese strata, black bean soup, and lasagna is on the agenda for tonight!
I am wearing... black cords, a black cami, a white sweater, and my fun blue scarf!
I am going... to try a new lasagna recipe tonight with a new pasta sauce... It sounds delish!
I am reading... "An Echo in the Bone" by Diana Gabaldon, and "A Beautiful Mess" by Rick McKinley.
I am hoping... for a good night's sleep tonight. I think I was so worried about not waking up at 5:30am this morning, that I couldn't sleep! Goodness...
I am hearing... the Vikings game! Go Brett!
Some plans for the week... meetings, book group, Open Sanctuary, Bible Study, a night out with Em, and a day at home on Saturday!
One of my favorite things... Rev. Joseph Lowery's speech at the MLK, Jr Breakfast. Great stuff! (If it ever gets posted online, I'll link to it!)
A picture thought I am sharing: I'm a dork.
Things I am thankful for today:

1. Waking up on time for the breakfast!
2. No traffic this morning!
3. Clayton getting such a nice award! Great job, Clayton!
4. Rev. Lowery's sense of humor.
5. Not being afraid to try new food. (A mexican breakfast was served this morning... I think I was the only person at my table to eat mine!)
6. A LONG nap when I got home!
7. Feeling good about where I work.
8. AWESOME dinner with the hubby tonight - so fun to cook together!
9. A good episode of "Castle."
10. Going to bed early.

2 comments:

storyteller at Sacred Ruminations said...

Lovely Daybook entries ... love your photo and am a fan of Diana Gabaldon myself. Sounds like a full day! Hope you get more rest tonight.
Hugs and blessings,

Carol E. said...

Dang, I missed "Castle," Love that show!

What on earth is that picture?! It's creepy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin