Monday, February 1, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook - February 1st Edition

For Today...

Outside my window... it's dark...  I got around to this kind of late tonight!  But we had light snow falling all day.  The few Christmas lights that are left look so pretty with a thin layer of snow on them!
I am thankful... that I like my job.  For the amount of time I've been putting in lately - it's a huge blessing that I like it!
From the kitchen... beef stroganoff today, chicken and black bean enchiladas tomorrow...  oh!  And more Ghiradelli brownies...  We gotta get rid of those!
I am wearing... my REI fleece pants, a grey t-shirt, and an old, oversized, dark green A&F sweatshirt.  (No, I didn't buy it - I hate that store.  I'm pretty sure my hubby found it in his park...  a freebie!)
I am going... to have a very busy week.  So I'm enjoying being home tonight.
I am reading... "Fearless" by Max Lucado.
I am hoping... that my friend's surgery went well today.  I've been thinking of her and praying for her all day!
I am hearing... the dishwasher, and the 10pm news. 
Some plans for the week... meetings, Book Group, Open Sanctuary, Bible Study, and maybe something just for fun!
One of my favorite things... my dog's attachment to her old toys...  We had put up her old eagle when she ripped a hole in him and started taking his stuffing out.  The eagle at some point, landed in my closet.  Today, while I was cleaning out my closet - the dog found her old friend and immediately dashed from the room in sheer happiness!  She ran around the house, throwing the eagle in the air - happy as can be.  Later...  I found a trail of stuffing...  A complete path of everywhere she had been in the house today!  Goodness.  A little exasperating - but so cute.
A picture thought I am sharing: the eagle himself.  (See the HUGE tear in his side?  The poor thing.)  Isn't it funny that this thing brings so much joy to my pup?!
Things I am thankful for today:

1. Leftover breakfast potatoes.  Yum.
2.  Laughing at the dog's funny antics.
3.  Cleaning out my closet - more goodies for Goodwill!
4.  Sending in our tax forms - Good job, honey!
5.  Paying our final bill for our trip to Europe in March.  Phew.
6.  Sharing the last Rosemary Sea Salt Dinner Roll.  So good.
7.  The hubby cleaning up the dishes.
8.  Running scans on my computer all day, getting rid of unused files - it's running much better!
9.  Organizing all my photo files on the computer!  Woo-hoo!
10.  A good work out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Bailey...what a stinker! I was ready to hide all stuffed animal type things last night!

Mom said...

I will save all of the old stuffed animals that I was either going to give away or throw out for Bailey! Do you think the world would be alot better place if we could all rejoice in something as simple as stuffing??

Blog Widget by LinkWithin