It's that time of week again! Time to take a moment and think back through the last week - what were your favorite five things about the week? If you'd like to share, feel free to link up to Susanne's blog!
Here are mine:
1. Last Saturday we took down the Christmas decorations. Usually this makes me really sad - but I was ready. It felt really good to have the house clean, fresh, light and airy again. I'm ready for routine and simple daily life again!
2. Sunday, I preached and led worship at church while our pastor was on vacation. I wasn't feeling well, and was really low energy and felt like I didn't do a very good job with worship... Only to get all kinds of "thank yous," "I learned this or that..." and "that thing you said meant a lot to me!" It's always the Sundays that you assume what people hear depends on you - that you realize God was doing the talking and prompting the whole time! Another cool lesson in how God works (and humbleness)!
3. Spending time with my niece, Finley, and sister, Emily, this week! Fin was staying at my parents' house while Em and her husband were on a trip in Florida. I got a little time to go over to the house and play with her. Then, Em had a couple of days here, so I got to stay at the house on Wednesday and spend time with her. They live in Alaska now, so we soak up every minute we can get!
4. My new study group at church. It's small - but it's great! We had a wonderful conversation this week about perseverance in our faith life. It really stuck with me! We're looking for small steps we can take in our journeys, to bring us closer to God. It's all about being intentional. Very cool.
5. It was a fabulous food week. Grilled salmon and mashed potatoes on the cedar plank. Mom's pork tenderloin. Meat from Alaska. And I'm trying a new black bean soup recipe tomorrow. I can't wait!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. A morning to myself.
2. Looking forward to dinner and movie tonight!
3. Less back pain every day! Woo-hoo!
4. The dog being so happy when I woke up this morning!
5. A new Vosges chocolate bar - Organic Peant Butter Bon Bon Bar. Mmm.
6. Happy Hour at the local pub + a Black and Tan + the hubby = a lovely start the the evening!
7. Going to see "Avatar" in 3D. AWESOME movie. I cried. I'm a sap.
8. Whipping up a new breakfast recipe at midnight.
9. My new Rachel Ray dutch oven. Worked great - thanks, Mom!
10. Gryuere cheese and nutmeg - a delicious combination!
Nebraska and After
7 hours ago