Monday, August 24, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook - August 24th Edition

For Today...

Outside my window... a crisp, clear, Monday. Blue skies, sun is out, slight breeze - perfect.
I am thankful... to be home today. It's was a busy week and weekend - it's nice to have quiet day at home.
From the kitchen... I have no idea yet! Ha ha ha. Groceries will be bought tonight.
I am wearing... black capris and an orange tank top. Good lounging wear!
I am creating... menus for the week and a grocery list. I'm so excited to cook again! I've been too busy...
I am going... to enjoy an evening with the hubby! When we go our ways for the weekend, it seems like forever since we spent any time together!
I am reading... "Traveling Mercies" by Anne Lamott, and something about congregational development (it actually is quite good!) Oh! And a Dean Koontz book in those rare moments when I can read for fun.
I am hoping... for a quiet week. I need it.
I am hearing... crickets, birds, and contruction workers. Ahhh... the sounds of summer!
One of my favorite things... dreaming about the future.
A few plans for the rest of the week... work, book group, open sanctuary, facilitator training, a visit with my sister-in-law and her family, maybe some State Fair? Maybe some Renaissance Festival? Maybe some pool time? I like the options....
Here is picture thought I am sharing... my favorite part of the MN Renaissance Festival - "The Court Revelers." A day is not complete if I don't catch their performance at the Queen's Pub, at the end of the day!
Things I am thankful for today:

1. A day at home - much needed.
2. My tummy is so much better today!
3. The book, Traveling Mercies, by Anne Lamott. This is the third time I've read it - and I still love it.
4. Pastor Penny asking me to talk about Open Sanctuary on Sunday.
5. Giving the dog a bath - she smells so much better now!
6. A little pool time.
7. Grocery shopping with the hubby - in, out, done.
8. Making mussels for dinner. Still experimenting - but still good!
9. Venetian Moon Pinot Grigio. So good.
10. Hearing that my sister and her husband had a good trip to Alaska! Sounds like things are falling into place.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin