Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dance

"I know more about grace than I did two weeks ago. For instance, that Auden was right when he wrote, 'I know nothing, except what everyone knows - if there when Grace dances, I should dance.'

"...I understand that Auden meant grace in the theological sense, meant it as the force that infuses our lives and keeps letting us off the hook. It is unearned love - the love that goes before, that greets us on the way. It's the help you receive when you have no bright ideas left, when you are empty and desperate, and have discovered that your best thinking and most charming charm have failed you. Grace is the light or electricity or juice or breeze that takes you from that isolated place and puts you with others who are as startled and embarrassed and eventually grateful as you are to be there...

"...It was amazing. I do not at all understand the mystery of grace - only that it meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us. It can be received gladly or grudgingly, in big gulps or in tiny tastes, like a deer at the salt. I gobbled it, licked it, held it down between my little hooves."
--Traveling Mercies, by Anne Lamott

How are you dancing with grace today?

PS: Need a smile? Check this out!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. A rainy morning.
2. Cuddling with the dog.
3. Google search and about.com.
4. Bison Tacos.
5. Pjs.
6. Coconut banana bread.
7. Flowers that are on my table - still going strong for a week!
8. Making plans to catch up with some friends.
9. Give-a-ways!
10. Not leaving the house for a whole day! (Didn't do my hair, no make-up, comfy clothes!)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin