Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday Fave Five - August 21st

It's Friday - again! Time to look back over the week and remember those things that made me smile! If you'd like to join in, simply go to Susanne's blog at Living to Tell the Story and link up!

Here are mine for this week:

1. Wow - it's been a good week! On Friday, I convinced the hubby to take me to see "Julie and Julia." LOVED it. I haven't giggled through an entire movie in a long time. It combined two of my favorite things - food and blogging. Perfect.

2. Saturday night, the hubby surprised me with dinner at a restaurant I've been wanting to try AND a night of music at a local bar with a musician that I adore. Priscilla Ahn. Voice of an angel. Lyrics of a spunky, cute girl in her 20s. A fun night out!

3. Sunday we spent the afternoon with some of the parents and children from our church at one of our favorite parks - Minnehaha Falls. It was fun to be with the kids, fun to get to know the parents better, we had a good lunch, some yummy ice cream, and got to be outside on a chilly, but nice day.

4. Tuesday night was book group at my house! What fun! I enjoy this group so much - it was such an honor and gift for me to share my home with them. It was a great night of laughing, eating, discussing, teary eyes, more laughter, and more food. A good night.

5. Wednesday night was dinner with Kelsey, a youth group member, before she leaves for college. Another very fun night, full of laughter and silliness. I don't know what I will do when she leaves!

and Oh! Two more -

6. Thursday night I took my youngest sister to her first real concert - Jason Mraz. Awesome night! So fun.

7. This morning, my other sister, Emily, and her family were here for a quick visit - so fun!
And now I'm tired. Just looking back over the week, I'm realizing how little I have slept... But it sure was fun! Life is good.

Today I am thankful for:

1. Waking up to the sounds of my little niece's feet running across the dining room floor upstairs. (They're visiting, and because we got home so late last night - I hadn't seen her yet.)
2. Finley's pigtails. They make me giggle.
3. Hugs from my sister, Emily. I miss her.
(Em and Fin on our walk - so cute!)
4. Joking around with my brother-in-law, Karlin.
(Karlin and my dad on the motorcycle - being silly.)
5. Going for a walk around Round Lake with the WHOLE family!
6. Getting a quick visit with the hubby before we went in our own directions for the weekend.
7. The dog and I had safe travels driving to Wautoma, WI.
8. The dog deciding she would be my co-pilot, by sitting atop the console between the seats and watching out the windshield. She balanced very well for awhile - and looked like it was totally natural to be perched right there. I got to laughing so hard, I made her move. It was too distracting. I would have taken a picture if I wasn't driving!
9. My friend Cheryl having a soft spot for my dog... Ha ha ha. No other dogs are allowed in her house - but I think Bailey was loving the lovin' from Cheryl and Wayne!
10. A campfire at Cheryl's house - a perfect night to sit under the stars and catch up on what's going on in our lives. I loved it!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin