Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Great Day

Saturday... Typically a day off. A day to rest and play and relax. Today? Not so much. I had a leadership retreat at work this morning. And actually... I found it uplifting and fun! We're beginning to concentrate on some ideas and practices at church that I've wanted to focus on for a long time - so I'm energized and ready to go! It was a great morning.

Then, I went home and took a nap.

Then - surprise DATE NIGHT! The hubby's been planning something all week... and it was totally worth it! We went to dinner at a wonderful little place called "Muffuletta." Yum-o. Quaint, cozy, romantic, and delish. What else could you ask for?

After dinner, we headed into Minneapolis to go see Priscilla Ahn (a singer that I saw in Austin, TX, last Sept.). There was a great opening band, Priscilla was sweet and beautiful - as always. And then, we were happily surprised to betreated to a great, fun, and lively band the rest of the night - Steph Devine and Friends.

A wonderful night - fun, relaxed, romantic, silly, and entertaining. Perfect.

Things I am thankful for today:
1. The hubby made me coffee this morning.
2. Not needing to present anything at the retreat. That was nice.
3. A great group of people working together - we had some laughs, some honest comments, and some great ideas!
4. Realizing that some of my recent ideas have been right on track with what our Congregation Development Director is suggesting. Cool.
5. A nice, long nap.
6. An amazing muffeletta sandwich for dinner. Hot, salty, spicy, ooey-gooey deliciousness!
7. Discovering a new fun little bar in Minneapolis - great place for music!
8. Priscilla Ahn. Voice of an angel.
9. Steph Devine and Friends. What a fun group!
10. My hubby. He's good stuff.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin