"When I was at the end of my rope, the people at St. Andrew tied a knot in it for me and helped me hold on. The church became my home in the old meaning of home - that it's where, when you show up, they have to let you in. They let me in. They even said, 'You come back now.'"
--Anne Lamott, from the book "Traveling Mercies"
I love this book. I love her vision of spirituality, her descriptions of her church as a family, her humor and love of life (after a very rough beginning)... I love her 'human-ness.' She's real - with doubts, fears, frustrations, and laughter. She sees life for what it is - and loves God through it all. I love this book.
Things I am thankful for today:
1. A great sermon at church today.
2. A beautiful duet sang during worship.
3. The Children's Ministry picnic - so fun to hang out with parents and kids! (And marvel at the GIANT mushrooms! Then, as all kids will do... They destroyed them...)
5. Banana Cream Pie Ice Cream. Mmm Mmmm Mmmm.
6. And yes... a nap.
7. Grocery shopping - finally!
8. Cooler weather - turning the AC off!
9. Hot dog for dinner - with all the fixins. (It's been a great food day!)
10. Cuddling up for "Army Wives."