Here's my five:
1. I got to spend last Friday morning with my sister, Emily, and her husband, and my niece. They were here on a quick visit on their way to Alaska (where they will be moving to this fall). I only had a couple of hours with them - but it was a sweet couple of hours!
2. My visit to Wisconsin to visit my dear friend, Cheryl. The drive was nice and relaxing, the dog loved making new friends and showing off, I loved chatting about old times and new, and I always feel more at peace after spending time with Cheryl.
3. Confirmation at church! Two of my youth completed the three-year confirmation process and took their membership vows last Sunday, and one of their mothers officially joined the church, too! A wonderful celebration!
4. This may sound weird... but planning for this Sunday's worship service is one of my highs. I was asked to speak about something in particular - and when I had an idea to do more than just talk about it - but offer a way for the congregation to experience it, the idea was accepted and praised! I'll have to fill you in next week as to what this is about!
5. Lastly, the hubby called and woke me up early this morning because REI is starting their annual Labor Day sale. He saw some of the things I've been watching for, majorly marked down and in my size, and wanted to let me know before they were gone! So cute.
What are your fave fives this week?
Remember to check out my GIVE-A-WAY! Entries must be in by TODAY at noon!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Slept in really late!
2. Stayed home most of the day.
3. Very friendly service at the pharmacy (no worries - just refills).
4. Close parking spots.
5. Yummy dinner with the hubby - kabobs on the grill!
6. Talking about Bed and Breakfast daydreams over a glass of wine.
7. My windwall jacket - perfect on these windy, cool nights!
8. All the birds that have been visiting my feeder! So fun!
9. Getting my first B&B book - and it's funny!
10. Making Grandma's Christmas dessert for our niece... It's delish!