"Physicians and psychologists say that loving, caring for, and spending time with animals enhances our well-being. Anyone, who has ever been adored by a dog or adopted by a cat probably can't convey in words the emotional bond that grows between them. That's because dogs love us unconditionally and cats are big on redemption. Our sins and shortcomings don't bother them as long as we delight in their presence...If you do have pets, don't just feed, walk, and ignore them. You invited them into your life, so open your heart. Pets need to be stoked, cuddled, caressed, indulged, pampered, and played with; dote on them and they'll return the kind of devotion most of us can only dream about receiving from human beings. Talk to them and you'll discover a trusted confidante who'll never betray your secrets. Laugh a their silly antics - a sure stressbuster - and learn how to live by observing them...
Today, be grateful for the gift of sharing your earthly span with creatures who comfort. Animals are our spiritual companions, living proof of a simply abundant source of Love. None of us need feel alone. And if there is a gift, then surely, there must be a Giver."
--Simple AbundanceThings I am thankful for today:
1. Sleeping in really late!
2. The hubby did the grocery shopping... again!
3. Pool time!
4. Reading a book just for fun - what a "novel" idea!
5. Dinner with my family.
6. The hubby making my mom giggle and horrifying my sister - great stuff!
7. Mom and Dad's encouragement.
8. The bad thunderstorms and funnel clouds went just north of us.
9. Warnings on the radio - glad we weren't listening to the ipod!
10. My dog and buddy, Bailey.