Sunday, August 9, 2009

Gifts and Harmony

"Discerning our personal gifts in essential if we are to experience harmony in our lives. 'Because our gifts carry us out into the world and make us participants in life, the uncovering of them is one of the most important tasks confronting any one of us,' Elizabeth O'Connor writes in The Day of Creation: Gifts and Creativity. 'When we talk about being true to ourselves - being the persons we're intended to be - we are talking about gifts. We cannot be ourselves unless we are true to our gifts.'

"Love wants, wishes, and wills nothing less than your unconditional happiness, harmony, Wholeness.
Commit to discovering, acknowledging, appreciating, owning, and honoring your personal gifts."
--Simple Abundance

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Church this morning: a message that we are all supporting characters in the greater story of faith. A challenge to think about my gifts and talents and where I am using them to share my faith... Cool thoughts.
2. New members at church - so fun! Welcome Ryan and Ben!
3. An adventure at IKEA. Ha ha ha. A few new goodies and some ideas for future redecorating!
4. Air conditioning.
5. Irish Fair - so fun to be reminded of our trip last March! (I just loved listening to the presenters talk!)
6. The hubby surprised me with tickets to go see David Gray in October! Yippee!
7. A new recipe - chicken sausage, bell pepper, and red onion pizza on a whole wheat tortilla - cooked on the grill! Surprisingly yummy!
8. The hubby taking care of me when I have a migraine.
9. Eye masks - great for headaches!
10. The hubby making me laugh even when I feel miserable.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin