Saturday, January 10, 2009

What a Crazy Day

"This is the season of Epiphany, when the renewal of light and revelation are celebrated in the liturgy of many Christian churches. On our new path we seek everyday epiphanies - occasions on which we can experience the Sacred in the ordinary - and come to the awakening, as Emily finally does (in the play, "Our Town"), that we cannot longer afford to throw away even one "unimportant" day by not noticing the wonder of it all. We have to be willing to discover and then appreciate the authentic moments of happiness available to all of us every day."
--from the book, Simple Abundance

Today was supposed to be a lazy Saturday... Lounge around in the pjs, eat a late breakfast, do a whole lot of nothing! But, my hubby had some surprises up his sleeve... We went to REI to return an item (and then I got to order my new shoes!)... Then, out of the blue, he took me to the Minneapolis Institute of Art (a favorite place of mine - that he's never been to with me!). What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon... If I didn't suddenly feel TERRIBLE! We there an hour or so, and suddenly I was hot, and faint, and clausterphobic. Goodness. So we come home - me feeling horrible that I ruined his surprise. Then, he tells me he wants to make me dinner - crab legs! My favorite! But alas, it's a few hours later and my stomach has not returned to normal for the day... So we will see about dinner... Goodness. Another surprise ruined. I don't know what I did to deserve a day of spoiling - but apparently my body, and maybe a higher power doesn't agree that I deserve to be spoiled today... LOL Ah, what's a girl to do?!

But, in the midst of it all, there are always opportunities to look around and notice the wonders in life. So, today I am thankful for:

1. Saturday morning coffee.

2. Warm sun spots on the couch.
3. Placing the order for my new Keens! Yippee!
4. Mike setting off an alarm at the museum - Ha Ha Ha!!!
5. Mike's visible concern and care when I didn't feel good.
6. Cool air on my face.
7. Excitement for a good dinner tomorrow - assuming I feel good...
8. Good heart-to-heart conversations.
9. Looking forward to spending some time with youth group kids tomorrow.
10. A de-christmas-fied living room - so light and airy again! (Although, I will miss the tree...)

Wishing you a wonder-filled weekend!
Megs

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Goodness Megan... interesting symptoms you are having... I hope you feel better tomorrow so you can get your yummy dinner!

Melissa Kaye said...

Are you anemic? I get those exact same symptoms when I have low iron. I hope you feel better soon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin