Friday, January 16, 2009

99 Things

Things you’ve already done: Bold
Things you want to do: Italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to - Leave in plain font

1. Started your own blog. (December 2008)
2. Slept under the stars. (Many times! Just a couple of experiences: Once with my high school Conservation Biology Class up in northern MN in October - woke up with snow all around us! And once as part of a "Shantytown" with one of my youth groups - also in October, also woke up with frost on my face... I recommend sleeping under the stars in warmer weather!)
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower. (Many cool memories with my dad, and also friends up in northern MN!)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland. (We lived in southern CA for a year - season passes to Disneyland! We could see the nightly fireworks from our community pool - VERY cool!)
8. Climbed a mountain. (I'd love to... but I don't know if it would ever happen... LOL)
9. Held a praying mantis. (NO THANK YOU! GROSS.)
10. Sang a solo. (As a little kid in church musicals... Probably will never happen again...)
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. (I'm assuming Lake Superior doesn't count? I have seen that - very cool!)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child. (Sort of - Compassion International...)
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables. (LOL We were part of a community garden a couple of years ago - Mike did most of the work. I just enjoyed the fruits... errr... veggies... of his labor!)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train. (Bus, yes. Train, no.)
21. Had a pillow fight. (Hasn't everyone?)
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. (Mental health day?)
24. Built a snow fort. (The best one was at Mike's mom's house with him, his sister and nephew. Very cool!)
25. Held a lamb. (I'm addicted to petting zoos.)
26. Gone skinny dipping. :)
27. Run a marathon.
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice. (I want to see Venice - but I hear the canals are pretty stinky...)
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. (A lot more sunsets - but I love both!)
31. Hit a home run. (LOL When would I ever play baseball?!)
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. (I could see some in March when I go to Ireland!)
35. Seen an Amish community. (Plenty! Lots of family field trips as kids, and I lived near a community in WI.)
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing. (Been there, done that. Not sure that I'll ever do it again...)
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke. (Not a pretty sight - or sound!)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant. (Doing a mission/service trip in Chicago - met an amazing homeless man and shared a meal. Life-changing experience.)
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. (Mike surprised me with a walk on the beach, that ended in fireworks over the water when we were dating. So cool.)
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted. (Drawn, not painted. I had several art major friends in college...)
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling.
52. Kissed in the rain. (Many times!)
53. Played in the mud. (Many a Boundary Waters trip comes to mind...)
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre. (That's where I saw "Gremlins" as a little kid!)
55. Been in a movie. (I could have been in "Mall Rats!" LOL Half my high school was - it was filmed in Eden Prairie...)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class. (Tai Chi in college - loved it!)
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen. (Many - I love it!)
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. (And now I buy them.. Mmmm...)
62. Gone whale watching. (Beautiful.)
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. (I'm lucky. Great husband.)

64. Donated blood. (Well... I've tried. Twice. I pass out.)
65. Gone sky diving. (Twice. Awesome!)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check. (Unfortunately, yes. But it's been many years since that has happened.)68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. (Many. I especially love "Oscar," my stuffed grumpy gorilla!)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. (On a family trip in elementary school. I'd love to go back to DC!)
71. Eaten Caviar. (I actually enjoyed it!)
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square. (First time there was with my sister, Emily. A VERY fun day!)
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. (Dad? Do you ever speed with me on it? LOL)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. (When I lived in small-town WI, it happened frequently!)
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox. (In 7th grade - HORRIBLE! I looked like Freddy Krueger's wife!)
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous. (Shawn Mullins - singer, saw Oprah at a restaurant, one of the guys from MTV's Real World, "Blair" from "The Facts of Life")
92. Joined a book club. (Yeah, book ladies!!)
93. Lost a loved one. (Several.)
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee. (A couple of times - and always in the ear! Ouch!)

Totals:
Already done – 46
Want to do – 27 (Good thing I just got my passport! Looks like I have a lot of traveling to do!)
Haven’t done, no interest - 26

Today, I'm thankful for all the cool opportunities I've had in my life so far...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin