Friday, January 23, 2009

Acceptance

"What is acceptance? Acceptance is surrendering to what is: our circumstances, our feelings, our problems, our financial status, our work, our health, our relationships with other people, the delay of our dreams. Before we can change anything in our life we have to recognize that this is the way it is meant to be right now. For me, acceptance has become what I call the long sigh of the soul. It's the closed eyes in prayer, perhaps even the quiet tears. It's "all right," as in "All right, You lead, I'll follow." And it's "all right," as in, "Everything is going to turn out all right." This is simply part of the journey."
--A Simple Abundance

So many lives in turmoil right now (good and bad): a mother dying, a baby with "no more bags," job uncertainties, health concerns, new marriages, kids moving away, new faith journeys... So many transitions... So many things in our lives to accept before we can move on to new adventures.

Wishing you acceptance, today!
Megs

Things I am thankful for:

1. My mom.


2. Spirited kids.
3. Growing friendships.
4. Good health.
5. A lovely marriage to my best friend.

6. Choices.
7. God.
8. Contentment.
9. Bowling!
10. Organization. :)

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

I love that you are so happy! Marriage to one's best friend ROCKS.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin