Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday

"Every happening, great and small, is a parable whereby God speaks to us, and the art of life is to get the message."
--Malcolm Muggeridge quoted in the book, Treasures of the Transformed Life

"God is love. Not cheap, sentimental love, but redeeming love which cannot be said, but must be seen in the way we live."
--Harry Denman quoted in the book, Treasures of the Transformed Life

Things I am thankful for on this Sunday:

1. Not getting hurt, or hitting anyone else, when my car spun out this morning.
2. Hugs and smiles from Ekemini, Rebecca, Travis, and Brittany.
3. A fun confirmation class with Samantha, Kayla, and Pat - lots of laughter! So good to be together again.
4. Getting to sing, "I Was There to Hear Your Borning Cry" in church this morning. Love this hymn!
5. Giggles with Kelsey.
6. "First kiss" stories. Ha ha ha!
7. Re-connecting with friends from elementary school!
8. Grilling out in the middle of winter!
9. A nice, long nap!
10. My soft, blue, cheerful scarf! :)
Wishing you a love-filled week!
Megs

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay... just yesterday (while @ a funeral) I was thinking about that song... makes me cry EVERY time! Sounds like you are feeling better! See ya soon

Carol E. said...

We sang that hymn at my dad's funeral. I can finally now sing it without crying.

Megs said...

Oh! I LOVE that song - I've heard it at baptisms, confirmations, weddings, and funerals... I shed the occassional tear - but overall I just love the words and the message! It "lifts" my spirit!

Anonymous said...

I love your scarf, too :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin