Friday, January 2, 2009

Only Dreams Give Birth to Change...

An interesting thought... "Only dreams give birth to change..."

I was reading Jan. 1st in the book "Simple Abundance," and it challenges the reader, as the new year begins, to write down your dreams or aspirations instead of resolutions... It encourages us to "take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous year by believing. Believe in yourself. And believe that there is a loving source - a Sower of Dreams - just waiting to be asked to help make your dreams come true."

So, today I think about my dreams for this year and ask God for help, guidance, and wisdom in making these dreams come true:

1. I dream of good health - eating, sleeping, exercising, and taking time out for my soul to rest.
2. I dream of a home full of love, laughter, and joy.
3. I dream of a job that is fulfilling, meaningful, and uplifting.
4. I dream of taking more time for service work in the community - getting to meet the people I serve.
5. I dream of traveling - not only far away, but getting to know areas near home as well.
6. I dream of closer relationships with family and friends that live far away.
7. I dream of lazy summer days, reading fun books, by the pool. (Ok - It's COLD outside, and this is a wonderful dream!)
8. I dream of being able to hike up THE hill at Afton State Park without using my inhaler!
9. I dream of more dinner parties at our house - sharing evenings with our friends.
10. I dream of finding the time to put thoughts on this blog everyday. :)

What are some of your dreams?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have heard a lot about Simple Abundance... it has me curious... I think I will check it out soon... I have to think about my dreams... but I really like yours!

Carol E. said...

I dream of stopping my inner brat from sabotaging myself.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin