Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday - Jan. 30th

"What we lack is not so much leisure to do as time to reflect and time to feel. What we seldom "take" is time to experience the things that have happened, the things that are happening, the things that are still ahead of us."
-- Margaret Mead and Rhoda Metraux

Fridays are my day off from work, a day at home to do as I like, a day to relax and enjoy. I love them! When I read the quote of the day, above, I thought, "ahhh... so true." But I think that's part of why I started this blog. Since I've started it, I've found at least 10 minutes a day to sit down and reflect over my day. To think about the ups and downs, the joys and sorrows, the successes and the failures... And to somehow put them in a context of yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

This week has been a sad week in many ways - death of a friend's mother, another friend dealing with very serious cancer, and now, little baby Early was rushed back to the hospital this morning with more complications. When I sit down to write this blog, it's often a moment to sit still and experience the emotions of the day. It's a release and a prayer - all in one.

If you're someone who lacks the time to reflect on your days, to revisit the ups and downs, and to count your blessings... This has become an amazing and important tool for me. I find life is sweeter with a few moments a day to myself...

Peace and reflection to you on this Friday!
Megs

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Quiet.
2. Learning to make an omelette.
3. Whispers of "I love you" when the hubby leaves in the morning.
4. Chicken and black bean enchiladas... YUM.


5. The 25 Things posts - I've learned a lot about many of my friends this week!
6. Fuzzy blankets.
7. Cooking dinner together.
8. A fun walk - in the daylight!
9. News of a free Missy Higgins concert next week... :)
10. Making Valentines Day plans...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh I didn't know about Emmy! I don't get the updates at work! Praying....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin