Monday, January 12, 2009

Friends

“The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.”--Elisabeth Foley

So true! This was the “quote of the day” in my daily quote calendar – and I couldn’t agree more! When I think of all my closest friends – including my hubby and my family – I am always surprised at all the things we are interested in, what fields we feel called to work in, where we choose to live, what stages of life we are in, what hobbies we have, our goals for life, etc! We are all SO different – yet, we so easily take the time to hear about each other’s lives, encourage and support each other in hard times, and celebrate the good times together! I am so thankful for all the friends in my life – and all the ways we continue to grow closer year by year. I love you all!


Things I am thankful for today:

1. Friends!
2. Bailey's (my dog's) first romp in the new fallen snow this afternoon. Here's a pic from when she first came in:
3. New life and baby leaves on our little ivy plant!

4. A good night's sleep. Finally!
5. A canceled evening meeting = no driving tonight!
6. Playing with my camera.
7. Tangerine body scrub (from Trader Joe's).
8. Looking forward to book group tomorrow night!
9. Updating my anniversary book.
10. Health insurance.
Wishing you beautiful friendships, today and always!
Megs

2 comments:

Jill said...

That's a great quote Megan! And it's helpful to know who those people are for you right now and to let go of those who aren't in that space. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful Bailey is a part of our family and likes to come visit Hershey, Grpa and Grma(good grief!!!). oh--and Kayla!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin