Sunday, January 25, 2009

25 Things

Another game sweeping through the blog world (and facebook) is "25 Things." You're supposed to compile a list of 25 random things about yourself. I did one for Facebook, I'll see if I can come up with another 25 for this blog... The twist on my blogging friends' 25 things, is that the reader can then ask more questions. So here are my 25, then, feel free to ask questions!

1. I LOVE peanut butter and nutella sandwiches on toast.
2. One of my favorite books is "The Little Prince."
3. I'm pretty good at art - drawing, mostly - but I wish I was more creative in coming up with my own ideas for subjects.
4. I'm a neat freak - and addicted to Clorox kitchen counter wipes. (Seriously, I need a Clorox Wipes Anonymous group...)
5. I often wake my husband up in the middle of the night so he will help me find things I was dreaming about (things that don't exist...). LOL
6. I love the sound of doggy toenails on the wood floor. Clickety click click click.
7. Our wedding rehearsal was on Halloween - everyone was in costume except the pastor. Those are some of my favorite pictures from our wedding weekend!
8. I feel the need to "purge" my house about every six months - I get rid of anything we don't need, donate it or throw it, and then organize, organize, organize!
9. I bruise easily. Too easily. Most of the time I don't even know where they came from.
10. I always exercise to Jason Mraz's music. He makes me happy - and I don't get bored of it...
11. I really don't mind getting "laugh lines" around my eyes. I believe they really do come from laughing and smiling - and that's a sign of a good life, right?
12. I have really wide, chubby feet. It makes shopping for shoes very frustrating!
13. I found out this week, that if you're out of milk, and want to eat your rice krispies - put some fat free vanilla creamer on the krispies - they taste like a rice krispie bar! Mmmm...
14. I enjoy having my eyebrows and legs waxed. In a weird way, I think it feels good.
15. I hate going down hills on skis or skates. Hate it.
16. I love traveling alone and talking to the person sitting next to me on the plane. I've met some fascinating people that way!
17. I love pajamas! I would wear them all the time, if I could!
18. My favorite socks, EVER, are REI Merino socks.


19. Growing up, I wanted to be the next Diane Fossey - studying gorillas in the jungles of Africa.
20. My middle name is "Sue" - My old youth group kids still refer to me as "Meggy Sue."
21. I name my cars. My little green Plymouth was "Eddie." My little silver Mazda was "Nelly" - as in "Whoa, Nelly!" And my big Nissan is "Lola" - as in "A Whole Lotta Lola!"
22. I have a tattoo. And I like it.
23. I like to decorate my house with stuff I find at "junk markets."
24. At Christmas time, I bake 12 different kinds of cookies - several dozen each. It's become a tradition that I really enjoy!
25. I hope the next place I use my passport is to Italy! Art, wine, cheese, beautiful countryside - sounds perfect! :)

And... things I am thankful for today:

1. Little kids and children's sermons. Lots of giggles.
2. A nice long nap.
3. Egg salad.
4. Encouragement.
5. Cuddles from Bailey, the dog.
6. Nice notes.
7. The song "See the World" by Gomez.
8. Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
9. Feisty and funny people at this evening's meeting.
10. The future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No questions--just a comment-----I loved your chubby feet from the day you were born. And you have to admit--we had some pretty good laughs thru out the years shopping for sandals for those chubby feet!!!!!!

Unknown said...

If you HAD to change your career...what would you choose to do?

Megs said...

Ha ha ha, Mom! :) I still laugh at these feet... But what's a girl to do?

Beth - I don't know... There's so many! Maybe a teacher... Or an art therapist with little kids... Or a foster mom (I'd still like to do that someday)... Or... A bookstore/coffee shop owner... I'd love them all, I think!

Carol E. said...

Wow.. you, Beth, me... don't we all have great blogging ideas?? haha. (I think Melissa did it recently, too.)
Let's see ... a question... and you can't cheat and answer here in the comments. It has to be a POSTED answer.
If you had to become either blind or deaf, which would you choose and why?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin