Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Success

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intellingent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Success has so many different definitions: salary, size of house, brand of car, label on clothes, beauty, popularity, whose names you can drop... But I like Emerson's definition - laughter, love, appreciation, service, play... Helping at least one other life to breathe a little easier. I like it.

I received good news today. As one of my part-time jobs ends in June, it looks like there may be exciting possibilities in the works at my other job! My dream would be to stay on, and even go full-time, at this job. I'd love to be more involved with the wonderful group of people that make up this congregation! One step at a time... Today was another step - a step that brings me great hope and joy for the new year!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Calendars - so helpful in planning and organization! :)
2. Grandma's "bunk house" quilt - just the right warmth.

3. Rice Krispies - I still like the "snap, crackle, pop" sound they make!
4. Giggles with my boss.
5. New ideas for connecting with kids.
6. Playing "Scrabble" on Facebook.
7. Remembering we have another meal to make before needing to do the dreaded grocery shopping!
8. Good news = renewed energy!
9. Being back down to my "before the holidays" weight...
10. Refreshing, cold, water to drink.

Happy Wednesday to everyone!
Megs

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...sounds like some possible good things going on... and ummm expecting...could you imagine that? I would cry... and meltdown!

I do like your analysis...seems fitting...I think I will run with it!

Have a great day! (sounds like you already are)

Pete said...

Funny what a difference a day, or a moment can make!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin