Finally. It's here. Friday! Time to look back over the week at our favorite five things. If you'd like to play along, feel ree to link up to Susanne's blog! Here's mine:
1. Going out last Friday night. We were invited to a birthday party downtown at a swanky bar... I was a little intimidated by the whole idea (it's not quite my thing) - but we had so much fun! We haven't stayed out that late in a LONG time!
2. New bookshelves for my office. I can't tell you how happy I am to have new storage in my office! Since taking over new responsibilities at work, I have accumulated MANY new books and resources... and haven't had a place to put them! Now, everything is finally neat and organized again. And life is good.
3. My Thursday Bible Study. It's been a lot of fun getting to know these ladies on a new level. And I love that we've been taking a look at our faith journeys so far... and the things that have shaped how we see God and church... and looking at what are the next steps we will take on our journeys. Very cool.
4. Afternoon tea and a lit candle in my office. By midafternoon, I start to go a little stir-crazy. This week my candle and tea have offered me a little peace and the calmness to keep going.
5. Today. I don't have to do ANY work today. I slept in. Worked out. Watched a soap. And will do a little bit of cleaning. Then, I hope to spend the whole evening with the hubby. Today is a good day!
And, today, I am thankful for:
1. Cuddling with the pup as I woke up nice and slow.
2. A great 45 minute workout.
3. Getting the house picked up and ready for the weekend.
4. My appetite is playing along with working out - I haven't been very hungry. I appreciate the cooperation!
5. Going to our favorite local pub for happy hour.
6. Stopping at the grocery store for our movie candy... and getting an extra Reese's Peanut Butter cup to split!
7. The hubby always taking my arm in the slippery parking lots.
8. Being relaxed and silly.
9. Finally seeing the Sherlock Holmes movie. Not my favorite, but I do like Robert Downey Jr!
10. A good day.
Director of Youth and Outreach at St. Paul's United Methodist Church AND a daughter, a sister, a wife, a friend, an aunt, a god-mother, a volunteer, a woman of faith, and one who chooses to live in joy and gratefulness... Here I write mostly about faith and life - and would love to hear your comments and stories, for I believe that is how we learn and grow together!