Thursday, February 11, 2010
Memory Box Thursday - February 11, 2010
Some drawings from my sketchbook. Drawings done when I was in junior high. I had a teacher in California that taught us how to use pastels, use shading, draw trees and leaves, and add depth to our drawings. So lots of my sketches involved those skills. They're pretty basic... But it's still fun to look back on. I think the teacher's name was Mrs. Langer. I really liked her - I think she was one of the first teachers I had that pointed out my strengths instead of my weaknesses. All teachers should do that more...
Oh dear. This is quite the experience. There is a lot of laughing when I pull these things out. That's for sure!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Holding onto letters and cards. I always think it's stupid to throw them in a box... But what great memories when you go back to read them years later.
2. Feeling caught up at work.
3. Getting to pray with Norma on the phone yesterday. Such an honor.
4. The last night of our "Way of Pilgrimage" Bible Study. It was hard to come to an end... We may do it again in the spring!
5. Using our candlelit sanctuary as a "labyrinth" during a prayer exercise - so meaningful!
6. Coming home to start the weekend!
7. A phone call on my way to work, from a former youth group kid - asking for dating advice. Ha! So cute!
8. The hubby was supposed to go up in a helicopter to do a deer count - but it got postponed due to a musk ox at the zoo giving birth! Yikes! You don't hear that excuse at work very often!
9. A note from a friend in Colorado saying she'll be stopping by on Good Friday! Very cool!
10. Valentines date tomorrow!