Monday, February 8, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook - February 7th Edition

For Today...

Outside my window... it's dark... I got around to this kind of late tonight - again.  But the snow has been falling ALL day!
I am thankful... for a nice relaxing weekend and time with the hubby.  I miss him when I work a lot of evenings!
From the kitchen... lots of leftovers - drip beef sandwiches, thawing soups and fresh bread from my new breadmaker!
I am wearing... my dark gray GAP sweatpants, a white t-shirt, a light gray GAP hoodie, and little yellow slippers.
I am going... out on Wednesday night to a pub for a trad music session.  Woo-hoo!
I am reading... "Fearless" by Max Lucado.
I am hoping... this week flies by...  Valentines Day is Friday in our house!
I am hearing... the tv, the hubby chewing his ice cubes, and the dog moaning with happiness that we are all home.
Some plans for the week... Book Group's going to the quilt show, Happy Hour with a friend and Kieran's pub trad session (Irish traditional music) afterwards, Open Sanctuary, Bible Study, and a surprise Valentines date with the hubby!
One of my favorite things... notes from the hubby.  They make me smile.
A picture thought I am sharing: my note and roses that he left out for me when I came home from a long week on Thursday night.  The perfect thing to start my weekend.
Things I am thankful for today:

1.  Snow day.
2.  Working from home.
3.  A 45 minute workout!
4.  Getting a lot of reading done for work.
5.  The hubby home for lunch.
6.  A hot bath.
7.  Leftovers.  So good.
8.  The hubby got to go snowboarding.
9.  Soft slippers.
10.  Playing in the snow with the dog.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin