Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Seasons

"The notion that our lives are like the eternal cycle of the seasons does not deny the struggle or the joy, the loss or the gain, the darkness or the light, but encourages us to embrace it all - and to find in all of it opportunities for growth...

"...We are here not only to transform the world but also to be transformed...

"Nature teaches a steady lesson: if we want to save our lives, we cannot cling to them but must spend them with abandon..."
--Parker Palmer, "Let Your Life Speak"

Things I am thankful for today:

1. I got a LOT of work done. (I guess that's what happens when you actually sit at a desk for a few hours... Oh, I hate that!)
2. 2 great confirmation interviews - great kids!
3. The hubby bringing me dinner.
4. Going to the hospital to visit Dad. (He's been moved to a regular room - but still not doing so great. Prayers are still appreciated!)
5. Talking to my sister, Em, on the phone.
6. A beautiful day, to watch go by...
7. Day 2 of the 90 days of Bible reading. So far, so good.
8. Subway sandwiches.
9. Hot showers.
10. The hubby making chocolate banana malts - he's so good to me.
11. Ha ha ha! A good laugh! The hubby opened the ice cream bucket and this is what we found on the lid:
(I guess God knows when you need a smile...)
12. Foot rubs.
13. Sleep. I will be doing this within moments... ZZZZzzzzz.....

2 comments:

Carol E. said...

Sorry your dad is ailing. Hope he gets better soon. Prayers for your family.

Jill said...

That ice cream lid reminds me of Forest Gump. What's going on with your dad? I hope he's on the road to feeling better.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin