"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
--Lucy Maud Montgomery
"Perhaps, if one is lucky, the days ahead will unfold as a 'never-to-be-forgotten summer - one of those summers which come seldom into any life, but leave a rich heritage of beautiful memories in their going - one of those summers which, in a fortunate combination of delightful weather, delightful friends and delightful doings, come as near to perfection as anything can come in the world.'"
Today was a HOT summer day - but full of many blessings!
Here are the things I am thankful for today:
1. Handling a problem that was causing a friend some stress.
2. Watching children at the library excitedly checking out fire trucks!
3. Staff meeting this morning - we're all back together again!
4. You Go Girl! Ha ha ha - lots of laughs and raised eyebrows about this at staff meeting today!
5. Lunch with Dad at Fischerville Coffee House. Fun to hang out and chat for while. 6. My yummy turkey panini - haven't had one in awhile. It was delish!
7. Iced tea on a hot day!
8. Free chocolate chip cookies at Fischerville!
9. Self-checkout lines at the grocery store.
10. Quick service at the bank drive-thru!
11. Excedrin and a nap to drive away a headache.
12. My first attempt at vegan appetizers went well! (They were for a wedding shower... I'm not vegan, myself. Honestly, I don't think I ever could be...) Here's links, if you're interested: Quick and Easy Veggie Cream 'Cheese' Roll-ups, Cherry Tomatoes Filled with Edamame Hummus
13. The very cute, fun couple that we threw the shower for - so fun!
14. Our book group ladies pulling together to throw the shower - nice work ladies!
15. Coming home to sitting on the patio with some cold drinks and enjoying a beautiful summer night! A perfect end to the day.