Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook - June 11th Edition

For Today...

Outside my window... everything is so green after we finally got some much-needed rain!

I am thinking...
I can't wait for the weekend. Some time to rest and relax... One more REALLY busy week before the somewhat relaxed pace of summer can take hold. I can't wait!

I am thankful... for my hubby. He has been so unbelievably patient and helpful over the last couple of weeks. I am so incredibly lucky to have him in my life. He makes me smile everyday.

From the kitchen... leftover tacos tonight and "Come to Jamaica Wings" tomorrow night! Mmmm... Sweet, spicy, smokey chicken done on the grill with some corn on the cob and ciabatta bread. I can't wait!

I am wearing... jeans, a blue and white striped cami, a blue cardigan, and flip flops.

I am creating... a wish list. I'd like to learn to sew and quilt... But I have none of the supplies to do so. We'll see what I can come up with!

I am going... to my parents' house for the weekend. The parents are out of town, and the 17-year old sister is under my care. With her work schedule, ACTs, and graduation parties, it makes more sense for the hubby and I to stay with her... I will miss my bed.

I am reading... "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson, "The Geography of Bliss" by Eric Weiner, and I'm doing "Reading the Bible, Cover to Cover in 90 Days."

I am hoping... to get back on track with exercising and eating well. With such busy days, and being so tired when I get home, I haven't been keeping up. I feel like a sloth...

I am hearing... hammers, drills, construction equipment... Ahhh... the joys of living in a new-er development. Ugh.

One of my favorite things... catching up on my blogging! I have felt so out of the loop and behind over the past week. It began to seem overwhelming to try to catch up! But here I am - and I'm feeling SO MUCH better already!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Heading to my parents' house, grilling out, running errands for work, cleaning, confirmation parties, writing my farewell service for Faith UMC next week, baby-sitting my goddaughter on Monday, book group, church stuff, possibly some disc golf and time at the pool...

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
(My niece, Finley. She is so stinkin' cute!)

Visit the Simple Woman’s Daybook, for more women's answers to these questions!

Things I am thankful for:

1. Sleeping in a little - no easy task with two dogs in the house!
2. Kayla tidying up her room at our house... So nice!
3. My parents' neighbor Leoni looking out for their house and putting out the garbage!
4. Quilt group at church. Fun ladies!
5. Open Sanctuary at church last night - an open night when anyone can come in and pray in the sanctuary. Not many people have tried it out yet... But I thoroughly enjoyed the peaceful two hours in the church last night.
6. My friend, Em, asking if I would help with Elly on Monday. I'm honored to help!
7. The hubby asking if I would still be with Elly when he got off work... He wanted to see her too! How cute...
8. Making Bailey a haircut appointment for tomorrow. She'll have her summer shave and be so much more active again!
9. Resting.
10. Kayla getting home safely tonight... After much worry. Ugh.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin