Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blossoming

"And the day came when the risk [it took] to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
--Anais Nin

" The Talmud tells us that 'Each blade of grass has its Angel that bends over it and whispers, "Grow, grow."' So do we."
--Simple Abundance

Yesterday, as I sat out on the patio and looked at my pots of what I thought were dead flowers... I was amazed to see that many of them had not only survived, but were growing, blooming, and coming back in beautiful ways! We had planted them a bit early this year - and due to our unusually cold and windy spring... they had all whithered and died. Or so it seemed.

The butterfly plant is green with pretty white flowers blooming, the dahlias are green and lush with many buds getting ready to bloom, the salvias have regained their deep purple petals, the sedum is growing larger and more full by the day - and even my fragile little sweet peas are crawling up the lattice work and holding on for dear life! We all have weeks where we feel like we've given all we have. We're tired and ready to curl up and hide... But God is calling out to us, "grow, grow," and we know that this is just a phase... We come back ready to florish and ready to bloom again in the roles we were given in this life. And that little break, that little rest, just helps us to step back and see where we're meant to be.

I'm ready. Are you?

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Getting a lot of work done!
2. Cleaning the house.
3. The hubby making a yummy dinner.
4. My parents got home safe.
5. Rain. And lots of it!
6. A call from my sister, Emily.
7. My niece, Finley, is a walking machine!
8. Chocolate banana malts.
9. The dog being so relaxed and cuddly now that she has the house back to herself (my parents' dog went home today). Ha ha ha.
10. Nice, cool, sleeping weather. ((((Yawn))))

1 comment:

Andrea, the little collector said...

I love both of those quotes! Nice to see them again. Thanks for your e-mail. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin