Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Fave Five - June 26th

Ahhh... Friday! I'm SO EXCITED it's Friday! This is the first weekend in a LONG time that I don't have anything planned, I don't have to do work over the weekend, it's going to be gorgeous weather, the hubby is out of town - so the WHOLE weekend is mine to enjoy! Yippee!

I think that may be included in my favorite things today... Ha ha ha.
Here are my Friday Fave Five:

1. I had an enjoyable last week at Faith Church. The Sunday service was nice, it was good to have some time to say good-byes, and my office is cleaned out. I'm really looking forward to some new beginnings and forward movement!

2. Pool time - at last. I got burned to a crisp, but at least the weather is cooperating, finally, and so is my schedule! I feel like summer is just getting started!

3. An awesome new grilling recipe! Caribbean Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Pineapple - even the leftovers are amazing! I LOVE finding really yummy new recipes! We have a pretty good streak going this summer!

4. Butterflies on my flowers this morning! Lots of them! In my family, monarch butterflies remind us all of my grandpa - so I got to say "hi" to him as I sat outside today! What a cool morning blessing!

5. So many fun women in my life! Our book group threw a wedding shower for one of the member's son and fiance - they rallied for a fun evening! I've had lunches with several friends lately, and have just been enjoying all the ways my women friends inspire me everyday - and yes, that includes all of you blogging buddies! Thank you for your friendship!

If you're interested in reading about some more great weeks - check out Friday Fave Fives at Living to Tell the Story!

Have a splendid Friday!
Megs

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Sleeping in.
2. A beautiful day.
3. Having lunch with the hubby.
4. Trying something new.
5. A new toy.
6. Vanilla Chai ice cream.
7. Reading a good book.
8. Playing "squeaky ball" with the dog.
9. Hummus and pita chips.
10. Running into my friend JoAnne at "JoAnn" Fabrics! Ha ha ha.

7 comments:

Pamela said...

What a great week and have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

It is fun to get to realize the good! Here's to a great summer!

Jerralea said...

Sounds like a wonderful summer for you -- don't get too sunburned!

Brenda said...

Sounds like a great week, sunburn and all. Have a great summer!

Hazel said...

That's a wonderful activity with your women friends. Girl company / girl fun is nice :-) You described my unexpected exercise very well on my FFF entry. Have a great summer!

Susanne said...

Sounds like a wonderful start to your summer. We haven't made it to the pool around here yet. I think it's just opening this weekend.

Willow said...

I wrote sleeping in for my fave five too! Isn't it great to have a bit of a rest?

All your faves were great-butterflies, girlfriends...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin