Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday Check-In

Today's weather, news, events:  It's mostly dreary this morning...  But it's supposed to be 36 degrees and sunny today!  (Really, any day without new snow feels spring-y at this point.)  In the news - today, the Supreme Court begins to hear arguments about Gay Marriage.  And events...  Not much going on!  Getting ready for the end of the week - Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter.

Today I feel:  Tired.  Really tired.  I haven't been able to fall asleep until 1am two nights in a row.  Ugh!  And I'm getting back on track with my diet - which is harder than I thought it would be....  I'm hungry!  Hopefully, I'll get my "groove" back soon!

I am grateful for:  The hope of spring.  Melting snow.  More sunshine.  A 50 degree day in the forecast.  Flowers in my dining room.  Bright colors.  Birds chirping.  Eagles returning.  Puddles.  Long walks.

Spiritually, I:  Love this week.  I love the fun of Palm Sunday - kids singing, waving palms, talking about the donkey...  I love our Tenebrae Service on Maundy Thursday - a reading of the saddest, darkest day of our faith...  With lights being extinguished, the sanctuary being stripped, ending in silence.  I love our Good Friday Prayer Vigil - a whole day of people coming and going, having the sanctuary to themselves, prayer stations set-up in order to spend time with God in any way that works for them.  I love my time.   Peaceful.  Sacred.  And of course, I love Easter morning!  The celebration of all that God has overcome in order for us to know God in powerful ways.  Love it.

People in my thoughts today:  All those waiting to hear what the Supreme Court decides...  I just can't even imagine being told I couldn't marry my husband...  That my love for him wasn't "valid."  That our life together would never be respected or affirmed by our country...  It's time to move forward, people.  I'll be praying for our judges through this process...


Magical Moments (comfort, peace, and love):  I've got two this week, both from my family!
1.  My youngest sister, Kayla, and I decided to have a standing appointment to Skype one another every Friday at noon.  She was home on Spring Break last week, so we went out on Thursday night with our men, and planned to not worry about Skyping on Friday...  But while I was out with a friend, I got a text at noon anyway, thanking me for a fun night out the night before - and just letting me know she was thinking about me anyway.  I loved it.
2.  My birthday card from my parents.  A note was written in it that meant the world to me!

Donations of the Heart (acts of kindness, sharing, caring, and forgiveness):  We were invited to "Rock the Cradle" on Sunday afternoon by a friend who is a single dad with a 3 year-old and a 1 year-old.  This event is at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and Children's Theatre - art, books, crafts, music, dance parties, storytelling - all for little kids and their parents.  Pretty cool - and yet, very chaotic!  We went, and I quickly found myself doing whatever I could in order for our friend to be able to enjoy his time with the kids.  I carried coats, his backpack, took pictures for him, and mosied through the art galleries with his little girl.  And it was pretty darn fun.  (I highly recommend the event!  And it's Free!)

For a better tomorrow (goals, ideas, etc):  Stay on the diet plan this week - and get more sleep!  Also, looking forward to starting "Project Life" this weekend while the hubby is out of town...  And planning adventures for next week, when our 16 year-old nephew is staying with us over his Spring Break!


QotD:  Who do you aspire to be like?
Oh...  I have a lot of pretty fabulous people in my life...  I don't think there is just one - but maybe pieces of many.  Mostly, they all are "real,"  enjoy the little things in life, don't dwell in the past, love with their whole-hearts, are generous souls, make a difference in the lives of others, and are always seeking to grow.  So much inspiration - I can't narrow it down to jusy one!


1 comment:

Mom said...

Like....:) I will pray for you and your diet challenges...I know it's hard.....Interested in hearing more about your Project Life!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin