Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cultivating

So, I've been fascinated with the blogs that are doing "Project Life" - a photo/journaling book, that they fill in once a week with photos, little journal bits, quotes, and mementos from their week.  I love this idea!  Much simpler than scrapbooking - and it looks beautiful!

And yes, even I could do this.

So, I went to Becky Higgins' website (the creator of Project Life) to get more details, read up on it, and order my supplies...  And found she has some pretty great inspirational stuff on her blog, too!

My favorite thing so far?  A list of ideas for "Cultivating a Good Life."  I love many them.  Go read her stuff.  It makes me smile.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Be patient - with others, with God, with yourself.

Make eye contact.

Take smaller steps.

Do something.

Do what scares you.

Don't procrastinate.

Sleep more.

Spend time with people who make you want to be better.

Laugh.

Be humble.

Ask questions.


I ordered my kit...  I'll be getting started next week!  Woohoo!!!



Things I am thankful for today:

1.  Alarm clocks.
2.  Playful dogs.
3.  "Organic Bangkok" tea.
4.  Lovely ladies that supply yummy dinners at church!
5.  Lenten services.
6.  Thankfulness.
7.  Maintaining my composure.
8.  Laughing at bloopers.
9.  Learning that I helped someone with recovery - by encouraging them to play Yahtzee!  Who knew?!
10.  Driving home at 8pm, and it's not pitch black outside!

QotD:  What was the last book you read?
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghasse.  Good book!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin