Thursday, March 14, 2013

Best Possible World...

Today I started reading Julia Cameron's book, The Sound of Paper.  It's been in my stack of untouched books for awhile now...  And I have no idea where it came from! 

I've tried following along with her book, The Artist's Way, but quite frankly, I get stuck on the very first assignment.  Morning pages.  Write 3 pages, longhand, first thing every morning.

I have a dog that begs to be put out first.
And a stomach that begs for breakfast.

And by the time those two things are taken care of...  I'm ready to get on with it!

Seriously.  I have a journal that's been sitting on my bedside table for over a year - waiting for me to do my morning pages!

So, I wasn't sure how far I'd get with this new book - especially when one of the first pages tells you to be doing your morning pages.  Every day.  Ugh.

But I kept reading...  And I came across an exercise that seemed kind of fun...

The Life of the Imagination

Try this:  It takes practice to expand our imagination and inhabit a larger life.  Certain phrases can stretch our imagination in positive directions.  Finish the following phrase at least ten times...

1.  If the best of all possible worlds were reality... I would be living in a sunny little house in South Minneapolis.

2.  If the best of all possible worlds were reality... I would have the money to go back to school.

3.  If the best of all possible worlds were reality... my dog would never get old.

4.  If the best of all possible worlds were reality... I would travel to a new country every year.

5.  If the best of all possible worlds were reality... I would be thin and healthy - and able to eat whatever I wanted!

6.  If the best of all possible worlds were reality... I wouldn't have to work evenings and weekends.

7.  If the best of all possible worlds were reality... I would be more creative and outgoing.

8.  If the best of all possible worlds were reality... I'd be going on vacation, somewhere warm, this week!

9.  If the best of all possible worlds were reality... I wouldn't have to deal with migraines anymore.

10.  If the best of all possible worlds were reality... some recent prayers would be answered.

If the best of all possible worlds were reality, most of us would do things a little differently.  We can begin to make the best a reality, by doing things a little differently now.

Kind of a fun exercise!  Give it a try - what would your answer be?


Things I am thankful for today:

1.  "Warmth!"  40 degrees!
2.  Going for a walk with the hubby and pup.
3.  Finding toys hidden around my desk area this morning...
4.  And a clown nose on my drinking glass.
5.  Hubby cleaned up the kitchen.
6.  Grocery shopping for our St. Patty's Day meal!
7.  A little chickadee peeking in my office window.
8.  Dreams.
9.  A good episode of "Grey's Anatomy."
10.  Speedy answers.

QotD:  What is true?
Love.  Faith.  God.  Dogs.  Giggles.  Friendship.  Sadness.  Joy.  Hope.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin