Friday, March 29, 2013

Sweet Spot

"It's time to look for your sweet spot - where what you do (your unique giftedness) intersects with why you do it (making a big deal out of God) and where you do it (every day of your life).  How do you discover what God packed in your bag?

"Simple: identify things you love to do that you also do well.  Consider those your sweet spot experiences.  Think of times of full-flight energy, of unclocked time.  Times when you thought, I was made for this!  Times when you felt a rush of accomplishment.  You at your best.  These foundational experiences reveal your uniqueness and help you identify your sweet spot."
--Max Lucado, Cure For the Common Life
 
I've been doing a lot of thinking about this lately...  Interesting question - and fun to remember all the times I felt "in the zone!"
 
I started writing down some of what I came up with - and saw a common thread...  It's always about being in the moment with another person; taking all the time in the world to listen, offer comfort, guidance, or support; help them come up with a plan; and help through the process.
 
I get to do a little bit of this in my job, and a lot of other meaningful things, too.  But I wonder if there are other places I could use this "unique giftedness?"
 
Something to think about...
 
 
Things I am thankful for today:
 
1.  "Sweet spot" experiences.
2.  Being home to send the hubby off for the weekend.
3.  A 3 mile walk with the poodle.
4.  Puddles - a sign of spring.
5.  My first robin-siting of the year!
6.  Watching the show "Girls" - Season 1, all in one night! 
7.  Getting the house cleaned up for the weekend.
8.  Projects to work on.
9.  Our Good Friday Prayer Vigil went well.




10.  Having the sanctuary to myself for a half hour tonight...  Beautiful. 
 
QotD:  Write down a few lines from a song or poem that you identify with today:
"The way you invest your love... the way you invest your life."  --Mumford and Sons


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin