Rain. Appropriate on Good Friday, isn't it? A rainy, dreary day.
I spent my morning setting up our sanctuary for a Prayer Vigil - we have 30+ people who signed up to come in for 20 minutes at a time to sit in the sanctuary by themselves or with family members... and pray.
Once again, the sanctuary is dimly lit. The black draping was left on the altar tables from last night. Candles are lit and prayer stations (that allow people to pray in whatever way is comfortable for them) are set up around the room.
And let's face it, as you take a seat on our sanctuary to pray on Good Friday - the stained glass window of Jesus praying in the Garden of Gethsemane certainly adds to the atmosphere.
And all the while, it's been raining. A sad day in the life of Christianity - remembering the dark hour of Christ's death. But a powerful day, too...
It may be Friday now...
But Sunday's coming!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Dawn's help this morning.
2. Being even more organized than I thought I was!
3. Rain - not snow.
4. Blooming daffodils.
5. Eating an early dinner with the hubby before he left town for the weekend.
6. Naps - I got up early today!
7. The "Women of Country - Girls' Night Out" special - great music!
8. Carrie Underwood's "How Great Thou Art" with Vince Gill - it actually made me teary-eyed!
9. A quiet night at home.
10. Our tax refund was FINALLY deposited today!