Tonight, at church, our Lenten service project was filling gift bags with the things that make for a good birthday party: balloons, cake mix, frosting, candles, plates, invitations, banners, noisemakers, a card, and Target gift cards!
Emma's Place (Emma's place offers permanent, affordable housing for homeless, low-income families. It has thirteen three- and four-bedroom townhomes for single parents with three or more children.) for kids who may not get a birthday party otherwise...
We had 30 people come share dinner, a devotional, and put together the bags - and all with laughter and joy at being together and sharing our blessings with others.
What a great way to end a busy day!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Frosted Mini-Wheats.
2. Super curly hair!
3. Lunch with Dad - a nice break in my day.
4. An unexpected errand with my boss - including a stop for coffee... Mmmm...
5. Plans to go to Nickelodean Universe this weekend with some youth group families!
6. Planning our theme for the month of May at church - "The Spiritual Habit of Play!"
7. A youth group kid, Lydia, helping to lead the devotional tonight - she did such a great job!
8. A nice turnout for our service project tonight!
9. American Idol... a guilty pleasure.
10. Signs of spring EVERYWHERE! (Hundreds of geese flew over my car today and my black squirrel came to visit at work today... Spring is here!)
Little Ree Mini Tour! by Ree
8 hours ago