Work has been really busy - and when you work at a church, that means more than just pushing paperwork. It means stretching your limits emotionally as well as intellectually, and sometimes, physically. We've had a LOT of bad news about congregation members in the last month - cancer diagnoses, deaths in peoples' families, more lost jobs, dying pets, people moving away, the death of a long-time parishoner... It's been a lot to handle. (And it doesn't help that I get so emotionally connected!)
On top of all that, I haven't been feeling well for about 5 weeks. Today's the first day I've been feeling back to normal (even a full work out - woo-hoo!).
So yes, I know you've all been patiently waiting for my return... But sometimes, life comes before the computer. And I think that's ok.
Here's what else I've been up to since my last post:
* Re-connecting with the book group ladies over dinner in March. (Good thing - there were big things happening in the lives of these remarkable ladies!)
* The hubby and I found a house we loved in Minneapolis. After trying every possible angle to figure out how to unload our townhome (we owe far more than it's worth in this economy), we had to let the house go. Grrr... We're trying to get ourselves postitioned to try again a year from now. But we're having fun exploring the neighborhoods we're interested in!
* We had a very memorable St. Patty's Day with the parents! Ha ha ha. Long story - but let's say, it involved a not-so-Irish pub, latino music, rap and hip-hop, huge afros, and a lot of laughter.
* A lovely breakfast with two of my favorite ladies - Em and Elly - at my favorite cafe! So much fun!
cookbook for my birthday that is yielding very yummy results!
* A quick trip to Milwaukee for my sister-in-law's bridal shower. So fun to see her happy - and being celebrated! She's come a long way in the last 5 years - and it's about time she has wonderful things happening in her life!
(Some of the women from my hubby's family - his sister, Kerry; Aunt Bernice; Aunt and Godmother, Marion; Mom, Joan; and in front, Aunt Annie)
* And yesterday, my friend, Jill, and I went to visit Kelsey (an former youth group member, who's now in college). Good company, good food and drinks, a stop at Trader Joe's on the way home - all-in-all a fun day!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Feeling more and more like myself.
2. A good workout.
3. Catching up here!
4. A busy - but fun - week this week!
6. A windy day - and NO headache!
7. Our orchid is blooming (for the first time in 2 years!).
8. New recipes - tonight? Chicken curry.
9. Stacks of books to read.
10. Good problems at work - problems caused by good things!
11. Love this blog post by Brene Brown...