Thursday, February 28, 2013

3 Day Walk - Five Weeks In!

3-Day Walker

As of today, I've been signed up for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day Walk for 5 weeks! 

I've planned my training schedule.
I've got a couple of great gals to walk with me.
I've raised $645 towards my $2300 goal.
And, I've started working out 6 days a week! 

Woohoo!

My "official" training schedule begins March 11th - at that point, I'll start keeping track on my sidebar, what I've done - time cross-training and miles walked each week.  Kind of fun!

I even discovered that the first Saturday in June, my training has me walking 12 miles...  The St. Paul Farmer's Market is 12.1 miles from my house...  So, I'll be getting up early that morning and WALKING to the Farmers Market!  Ha ha ha.  That sounds crazy to me!

Maybe I'll walk to work one day, too...  Funny.

I'm looking forward to warmer weather - can't wait to start walking places!

If you'd like to join me on this journey - I'd love your company!  (Or if you'd like to donate to my walk, I'd love that too!)


Things I am thankful for today:

1.  It's Thursday (my Friday!).
2.  A good night's sleep.
3.  My PJ pants are getting so big, I get tangled in them, and the pant legs trip me.
4.  A planned trip to see Cheryl this spring!  (Yes, THAT Cheryl!)
5.  Support from friends.
6.  Being excited for a dear friend!
7.  Almost done with "Downton Abby"!  One more episode to go...
8.  Goodnight kisses.
9.  Tomorrow's the first day of March!!!  (Spring is coming...)
10.  The musician, Forrest Sun.

QotD:  When was the last time you were sick?
Really, really sick?  New Year's Day - the stomach flu.  But, the last couple weeks, I have a cold that just lurks behind the scenes...  Then all of a sudden I have a day with a sore throat and unreasonably tired, headaches and achy...  And then it goes back into hiding...  Not cool.  I want to feel 100% again!



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin