Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Breathe

Today, as I'm reading my Secrets of Simplicity book, the focus is on breathing...  Take 10 full, deep breaths first thing in the morning (which ties in very well with my goal to meditate and pray first thing in the morning!).

So I tried it.  I sat quietly with all media turned off, closed my eyes, and just breathed.  Deeply.  Fully.  Feeling peaceful and alive.

Good way to start the day!  Give it a try!

After breathing, and focusing your day...  The book asked these two questions:
1)  What do you wish you had more time for?
2)  What is standing in your way of being more focused?

Good questions...

I wish I had more time for creativity...  For creating things for my home and to give away...  I have so many fun ideas, but not the space or time to bring them to life.  (I don't like the idea of starting things, then not having a place to leave them until I can get back to them...  When I clean up and put everything away, I forget about it.  One of the reasons I can't wait to build a project desk!  All my supplies organized and near by, and ongoing projects to play with in the evenings?  Sounds perfect!)

I wish I had more time for reading...  Which I do have time for.  I'm just so tired by the end of the day, I can't keep my eyes open!  So I guess I could say, "sleepiness" is standing in my way; and laziness.  Sometimes it's easier to just turn on the tv!

I think, as lots of thoughts are spinning through my mind right now, that the main thing standing in the way of all of my wishes is energy.  I'm just so tired by the time I get home from work!  I can rally for events, but if we're home...  I'm on the couch in my pjs after dinner and in bed around 10pm (this is very new to me!).

Maybe finding ways to boost my energy would be a good way to start doing more of what I love!  Interesting...

Try the breathing exercise - feels great!  And what are your wishes and the things that stand in the way?  What can you do about them?


Things I am thankful for today:

1.  Breath.
2.  No headache!
3.  Leftovers.
4.  Noticing.
5.  Coffee dates with friends.
6.  Getting to go home for dinner!
7.  An early birthday present.
8.  Time to read.
9.  Dry skin shaving cream!
10.  Going to bed early.

QotD:  Are you seeking contentment or excitement?
I think I was just asked this question recently...  Or it was worded - Are you seeking adventure or security?  LOL.  Both!  I love my life and am content and secure when I am home and all is well with the world.  BUT, I crave adventure and excitement!  That's why I love to travel so much...  To see new things, meet new people, taste new foods...  And really?  I'm pretty content when traveling and trying new things.  This year, I'm hoping to find more opportunities closer to home to experience excitement and adventure!  We have some ideas...  But still working on a list! 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin