Sunday, February 24, 2013

Happiness

"I have learned from experience that happiness is an acquired skill.  There is always something to complain about, even in the best of times.  And there is always something to celebrate, even in the worst of times.  Happiness is not an objective reality so much as a subjective decision.  Chronic complainers miss the boat...

"...I have learned that happiness is not determined by circumstances.  Happiness is not what happens when everything goes the way you think it should go; happiness is what happens when you decide to be happy...

"...Gratitude is essential to happiness.  Developing a grateful attitude...is the essence of a happy existence.  Happiness is a muscle we must use, or it will wither away."
--Marianne Williamson, Everyday Grace
 
Quotes from my reading this afternoon...  Perfect.
 
 
Things I am thankful for today:
 
1.  Coloring with my youth group kids.
2.  Positive feedback from last week's sermon.
3.  Unexpected cards.
4.  A wonderful partner in ministry this morning.  Thank you, Cindi!
5.  "Thank yous" from those who see all the work I do.
6.  Updating my LinkedIn account - for the first time in years, apparently!
7.  Bailey got a bath - and smells much better!
8.  Lunch out with some of Mike's family.
9.  Watching the Oscars.
10.  Ideas, ideas, ideas!
 
 
QotD:  Today you've got too much...
Time sitting on my butt!  Sunday's are always lazy days come afternoon...  But today felt lazier than most!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin