Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Gratitude Journal

Today's weather, news, events:  The sun is shining!  The Pope is resigning.  And Valentine's Day is approaching!  (It's Mike's turn to plan this year...  Should be fun!)

Today I feel:  A little tired and overwhelmed.  So much to do this week - in addition to birthdays, Valentines, and fun.  I'm preaching on Sunday - and it's not an easy scripture I'm working with!  Buggers!

I am grateful for:  Sunshine.  A good night's sleep.  Birthday lunches.  Greeting cards.  Real mail. 

Spiritually I:  am well and looking forward to Ash Wednesday and this Lenten season.

People in my thoughts today:  Penny, Diane, Kerry, Emily, Finley, and Dawn - The birthday girls!

Magical moments (comfort, peace, and love):  Last Sunday, I had a fun and enlightening conversation with a man at church - someone who has attended for a long time, in a wheelchair, brought by an attendant...  I always welcome him and hold his hand when I talk to him - but he's never really talked back, and so I assumed maybe he wasn't able to communicate well.  Big surprise to me, this Sunday we had a full, humorous, conversation!  He knew my name, knew I was married, knew my husband's name... and he was funny, mischievious, and playful!  I loved it.  Definately a magical moment.

Donations of the heart (acts of kindness, sharing, caring, and forgiveness):  Prayers, notes, and hugs.

For a better tomorrow (goals, ideas, etc):  Still working on waking up earlier and taking time to meditate and pray first thing in the morning... 

QotD:  What is your biggest obstacle right now?
Myself.  Laziness.  Fear of failure.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin