Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday Check In

(This was posted on Momastery's Blog this morning.  I love it!)
 
Today's weather, news, and events: 
Pretty nice day - high of 35 degrees and mostly sunny...  (Although, right now it's very gray outside.)  In the news, our government is head for "sequestration" if they don't make a budget deal by Friday.  It's crazy how many things will be cut and how many people will be hurt if this happens.  I can't imagine that would help our economy in any way, shape, or form!  (Prayers for our politicians as they figure this out!) 
And events?  The Oscars were last weekend...  Not very exciting, but I was happy to see music added back into the show!  Oh!  And our youth group is headed to the ski hill all day Saturday.  Should be a fun day (and for those of you who know me well - I have a great book to read for the day!).

Today I feel:  A little discombobulated...

I am grateful for:  My Lenten resolution to give up TV in the mornings.  Making progress.  Spring is coming.  Volunteers who go above and beyond.  Warm blankets.  Drinking out of mason jars.  Inspiring stories of generosity. 

Spiritually I:  Am trusting God to lead me...

People in my thoughts today:  The people I was friends with in elementary school!  Several of them are on my Facebook now, and occasionally I get a fun note from them about memories of our childhood...  I haven't seen them since 5th grade, but their notes give me a huge smile!  (One note this week was a reminder of the orange juliouses my parents used to make us!)  And today is one of their birthdays!  Happy Birthday, Phil!

Magical moments (comfort, peace, and love):  Sometimes, you just have those weeks (or months) where you're not quite feeling like you're in "the zone" anymore...  Nothing seems to be going the way you would like...  I'm in one of those places now.  But over the last week and a half, I've gotten several notes from people thanking me for sharing words with them - that made a difference.   Glimmers of light and magic in my ordinary days.  Much needed - and much appreciated!

Donations of the heart (acts of kindness, sharing, caring, and forgiveness):  This is a story I had no part in, but absolutely loved! 
AHA Student With CP Lives Basketball Dreams « CBS Minnesota

For a better tomorrow:  Keep on keepin' on!  Lots of things to juggle these days...  My goal is to "just keep swimmin'!"


QotD:  Name one item you can't throw out.
A McDonald's happy-meal stuffed ducky.  When Hubby and I were dating, it was long-distance and we'd only see each other on the weekends.  One weekend I came down with a wicked migraine - the first one he experienced with me - and he felt so bad that he hid this funny little duck in my car so that I'd find him later and would laugh.  We started hiding it for each other every weekend, back and forth.  Now, I come across it every once and awhile - it's old and dirty...  But it still makes me smile.  I'll probably never get rid of it!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin