Wednesday, February 16, 2011

30 Days of Photos: 17

Day 17 - A picture of someone that has made a huge impact on your life recently.

This is my pastor, Penny (and her hubby, Eric).  She's also my boss.  Which always makes things interesting! 

She's one of those people that exudes joy and love.  She gets excited over funny little things and lets everyone know with a "whoop" of joy.  She gives hugs.  She prays amazing prayers - and when she prays for you individually, you feel them in the depth of your soul.  She cries when her heart breaks.  She wears colorful outfits and jewelry.  She loves thinking outside the box - and learning from failures and celebrating the successes!

I was ready to quit my job and never work in a church again - until she came along.  Not only has she made this a fun job for me - but she's seen me for who I am.  For my gifts and talents, for my heart for ministry, for my love of the people of this church.  She's allowed me to take risks (some worked, some not so much).  She's made sure people know when I've succeeded.  She stands my me and gives me the confidence to go forward.

In three and a half years, I've become who I'm more fully supposed to be, I think.  And I believe it's largely due to her influence on my life.  She may be my boss and my pastor - but I think I'm very lucky to have her as a friend, as well.

Thanks, Penny!


Things I am thankful for today:

1.  Sunshine!
2.  50 degrees!
3.  The nice people at our post office.
4.  Optimism.
5.  So many prayers going out for one of our church families.
6.  Vulnerability.
7.  Prayer shawls.
8.  A miracle for a friend.  (You're right, Kate. That's what it was!)
9.  The hubby told me I looked cute today.  Ha ha ha.
10.  A quiet evening at home...  So tired...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea...her prayers are awesome!

Diane said...

I'm anonymous..I hit the wrong button.

Unknown said...

take a peek at Carol's blog! I totally get what you are saying about Pastor Penny... I am so thankful for her...and you! And if I were doing the photo blogging I would probably post a similar picture...

Carol E. said...

Hey, we named the same person!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin