Thursday, February 10, 2011

30 Days of Photos: 11

Day 11 - A picture of something you hate.


"The Drainpipe" is a horrible part of the North Shore hiking trail, which I hiked with the hubby a few years ago.  It's steep, rocky, gravel-y, long, did I say steep?  Slippery?  And it just keeps going... and going...  It's where I discovered I had asthma, while carrying a pack, on a hot summer day. 

Let's just say this.  If God decides I haven't been a good and faithful servant in my lifetime - this is where I will be for all eternity.  It will be hot, I will be having an asthma attack, there will be mosquitos and beetles all around me...  and I will likely be crying.

Hate this.  Really.  Will never go back.

 
Things I am thankful for today:

1.  This blog
2.  Hand sanitizer.
3.  God's angels protecting me during a sneezing attack while driving.  Uffda!
4.  Plans coming together for our family reunion in Colorado this summer!
5.  Highlighters and those sticky flags in bright, cheerful colors.  I'm addicted.
6.  Funny conversations with Pastor Penny.
7.  Getting excited about servant evangelism.  Yes, I'm a dork.
8.  Peppermint tea.
9.  The amaryllis... Oh dear.  Here's yesterday and today. 
(If you ever need an experiment for a kid - this is it.  Start an amaryllis bulb.  You can measure the growth by the day - maybe even the hour - and once the buds start forming, they change by the day!  A little crazy looking, but interesting nonetheless!)

10.  Coming home.

2 comments:

Mom said...

....and if you are "stuck on the Drainpipe for eternity", Mike will be in a library--unable to get out!!! That was one of the funniest conversations I ever heard!!!

Carol E. said...

I had an amarylis once and could hardly believe how it grew!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin