"Only if there is beauty in us can we recognize beauty elsewhere: beauty knows beauty. In this way, beauty can be a mirror that manifests our own beauty. This has little to do with narcissism or self-absorption. To achieve a glimpse of inner beauty strengthens our sense of dignity and grace. The glimpse ennobles us; it helps awaken and refine our reverence for the intimate eternal that dwells in us. Yet the recognition of another person's beauty can sometimes induce envy and a sense of inferiority. When we succumb to envy, we have become blind to ourselves. In the end, the truth is surprisingly ordinary - that there is beauty in every life regardless of how inauspicious, dull or hardened its surface might seem."
--John O'Donohue, from "Beauty"
Things I am thankful for today:
1. A quiet day at the office - easy to get lots done!
2. Completed projects.
3. Willing helpers.
4. Praying with a friend.
5. A visit from Woods, a beautiful visla (dog).
6. A wonderfully fun group of women at our "Conspiracy of Kindness" group tonight!
7. The beautiful ways people are sharing their stories.
8. The hubby having dinner ready for me when I got home at 8pm. What a sweetie!
9. A baby we've been praying for was re-united with his adoptive family today! Woo-hoo!
10. My hubby.
Room Service Adventures by The Pioneer Woman
2 hours ago