Friday, January 21, 2011

Just a Day

"Nothing hurts you more than your expectations. 'If you trust life and learn to embrace it and try not to control everything, then life can be more wondrous than you thought it would be.'"
--Sarah Ban Breathnach

Just came across this quote today and thought it was so true!  Had to share...

Otherwise, it's been a pretty quiet day.  I got to stay home all day - reading, watching movies, doing some chores.  It was lovely.

Now, I'm looking outside and seeing snow falling.  Doh!  The hubby is gone for the weekend, which means I'm going to have to SHOVEL for the first time in years!!!  LOL  Oh well.  I suppose I could use that for some of my exercise today, huh?

I have plans to go out with one of my favorite people tonight - and I can't wait!  Just a simple dinner out - but we always have a wonderful time and talk until we're yawning more than talking... and realize it's really time to get on the road.  That's a sign of a great friendship! 

Life is good.

Things I am thankful for today:

1.  Sleeping in (as much as I can with the dog, anyway - she woke me up at 5am, 7am, and 8am!).
2.  A clean, quiet house.
3.  Restaurants that have nutritional info online so I can plan what I'll order before I get there.  Tricky tricky!
4.  I made it through a rough workout.
5.  Beautiful, fluffy, glittery snow falling!
6.  A wonderful evening out with Em!
7.  Em's funny way of including everyone in her night out - including the waitress.  She offered Em free dessert for her first girls' night out since having a baby!  Too funny!
8.  A funny phone call from my mom.
9.  Great music in the car while driving home at midnight!
10.  Deciding to wait til tomorrow to shovel...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin